To Find Them Any Fresher You Would Have To Grow

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Learning about Herbs

Ever since i decided to take up herbal medicine, I would ask myself questions like, "how am i going to remember everything" and "who or what books will teach me". After many month of just throwing myself in there, ive come to find many people on youtube teaching about herbs on top of the many wonderful books ive been greatfull to stumble upon. I'v gathered a range of books that are more reference based. I love my books! The first ever herb book i received was "The Herb Bible", given to me on Christmas by my beautiful mother in law Monique. I cherish this book like you wouldn't believe! I think that was probably the best pick for a beginner because the first thing you should learn are the indevidualities of each herb. Ive decided that the only way i'm not going to overwhelm myself would be to get familiarized with about 10 herbs, learn all that there is to know about them like their different smells, medicinal purposes, tastes, ways to use them, etc. I had decided to start off with the most commonly known and my favorite herbs like Lavender, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Sage, etc. These are just some that i use on a daily basis to keep myself balanced from all of the harsh chemicals and toxins that my body is exposed to on a daily basis.
I must admit, for someone like myself that WAS never a fan of school, I'm falling in love with the different people, books, and learning techniques ive picked up! I alway try to come up with ways to teach myself and get the information stick. I am the type of person that will clean the entire house at the same time, literally im not kidding you, someone need to record me. So learning about one herb at a time is sometimes a struggle for me. I will start on the topic of Tinctures, stop when i see a word I don't know that i have to look up. instead of quickly going and coming back to the subject (with better knowledge) I get caught up there and continue learning about that topic! So now you can see why its not uncommon for me to get them all mixed up when I'm ready to quiz myself.

I have stumbled on a few Herbalist that have shown me what they know, for freeee!! It's like a free doctor telling you how to cure yourself in the cheapest most natural ways possible with zero side affect (when used properly). I find it fascinating!

I am a passionate makeup artist that has a deep love of the earth and what it provides for a happy life. My life is a splitting road leading to two different worlds. Most times I try to figure out how I'm going to smash both into a glorious career of helping people by showing them how to cure themselves while looking gorgeous in the process.

Tony Pantallereco! What a wonderful indevidual i have luckily stumbled upon while learning about poultice's. This parfticular person is very uncut, real and genuine. Although I don't personally know him, that's what I get from his video. Its so refreshing to hear someone that is fluent and experienced in what they do. I admire him because he teaches the fundamentals of different compounds other than herbs. Also incorporates food in his cures. Food is the first action we must take to sustain a healthy functioning body. Now the right foods can put you on the path of optimal health. I think the best way for people to stay on the right track especially if you did not grow up thinking of food as an important factor in your health (like myself) is to think of it as fuel for your body. The nutrients that fruits and vegetables give you alone are what most people are missing in there diet, their for resulting in lower immunity, chronic illness, shorter life span, etc... Recently I did not have the means to eat the way i normally do (Greens, fruits, nuts and berries) and I felt the consequences of it immediately. I felt tired all the time and had no urge to want to work out.


I enjoy watching people that help you integrate a way to fit it into your own life and make it work for you.
I hope you will enjoy his videos the way I do and take what you will from an experienced Herbalist! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment